Are you passionate about Brightening lives and Building futures for children, young people or young adults with special needs? If so, we want to hear...
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed scientist, preferably a physics specialist, to work in our forward-thinking and highly successful Science Department as we strive to be outstanding in all we do. The post would be suitable for either an NQT or an experienced teacher. The School provides a very successful training programme for NQTs, working closely with local training schools. For an experienced member of the profession there are many opportunities within the school to add to the existing range of experience and expertise and lead on aspects of teaching and learning, such as the use of new technologies and GCSE astronomy. There are opportunities for working with classes across the ability spectrum at both Key Stage 3 and 4 and to work in a pastoral role as a form tutor
We require someone who can demonstrate and evidence:-
· excellent communication skills;
· a high level of subject expertise and an in-depth understanding of curriculum pedagogical and assessment issues associated with achieving outstanding science results at both key stages;
· excellent teaching and improving student outcomes;
The key areas of responsibility will be:-
· To plan teaching to achieve outstanding progress in students learning
· To set high expectations for students behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well focused teaching and the development of positive and productive relationships
· To use a variety of teaching methods and resources, which sustain the momentum of students work and keeps all pupils engaged
· To use assessment information to inform planning and maximise progress
· To mark and monitor students work providing constructive feedback and setting appropriate targets to maximise progress
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.