Are you an inspiring teacher who can bring Drama to life? Are you looking for a school that can offer you more?Whether you re experienced...
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a design and technology technician from September 2017 for an oversubscribed Academy based in Wolverhampton.
This role may suit you if you have excellent DIY and workshop skills. Training will be given to operate band saw, circular saw, pillar drill, metal/woodworking lathe and milling machine, CAD/CAM although previous experience will be an advantage
37 Hours per week, term time only
£16,191 - £17,547 per annum
You will be required to be part of a small team of technicians offering support to teaching staff within the Design & Technology department, responsible for preparing equipment and material for lessons as requested by the teaching staff in a safe working environment compliant with current Health & Safety legislation. You will also be required on occasion to carry out the role of Classroom Assistant, assisting the teacher and students in the delivery of lessons.
Successful applicants will:
- Have an understanding of health & Safety implications and workshop practice.
- Be able to prioritise and plan effective support for multiple areas.
- Be an excellent communicator who develops positive relationships with students and staff alike
- Relevant experience in technology, particularly in a commercial, industrial or educational environment
- Experience of working with and maintaining tools and equipment
- IT literate
- Good numeracy / literacy skills
- A degree or HND or City & Guilds qualification in relevant subject
- Ability to relate well to students and adults
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team
- An understanding of classroom rules and responsibilities and this posts position within these
- Knowledge of First Aid or Certificate holder
Don't miss out on this opportunity. Apply now or contact:
Celsian Birmingham Branch
0121 633 4698
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.