Occupational Therapist Celsian Education work alongside the majority of SEND settings in Leeds and have recently been approached by one of our partner settings to...
Based in the Celsian Leeds office in Central Leeds we are looking for a Candidate Support Executive to join our thriving and expanding business development team. The key purpose of the role is to provide our workers with an excellent overall registration experience on joining Celsian but also to help administrate issues arising during and after their assignments, whilst also offering candidate generation, administrative and compliance help and support to consultants in branch.
Providing a knowledgeable, approachable and friendly service is at the core of the role. Putting customers (clients and candidates) at the heart of what we do runs through our business and you will be responsible for being the first contact that many candidates have with our team and your ability to build relationships and empathy quickly will be integral to our success.
This role would suit either someone seeking an apprenticeship role, an entry level administrator or someone looking to build their first experience of a sales or recruitment environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have excellent interpersonal skills both face to face and on the telephone
- Emulates the 4 Celsian Values of being Bespoke, Expert, Ethical and Trusted
- Have professional written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent Maths and English skills
- Be able to acknowledge the needs of the greater team and community
- Advanced Excel skills would be an advantage Offering support in the delivery of the following activities:
- Job Description:
- Dealing with first line queries from customers, e.g. holiday queries/requests, payroll queries etc
- Working with consultants to manage in-branch interview diary
- Managing the branch advertising and candidate generation
- Proactively making 'keeping in touch calls' with candidates
- Accessing and understanding information from various systems (Adapt database, payroll system, timesheet systems)
- Working alongside consultants to undertake clearance and compliance checks
- Perform 'Meet & Greet' with all candidates interviewing in-branch
- General customer service and admin duties
- Supporting the business with ad-hoc jobs as required
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.