Guaranteed pay, career enhancement and development
We work with primary, secondary and SEN teachers and support staff all over the UK, finding them fulfilling work at fantastic schools that match their requirements perfectly.
But as a Celsian candidate, you’ll get much more than that.
Our candidate charter outlines what you can expect from us so that we can strive to be the best, everywhere, all the time.
For information and advice on time sheets and pay please click here.
At Celsian, we put the child at the heart of everything we do. Our industry-leading safeguarding procedures are shaped around the needs not only of schools and children but our candidates too. They also adhere to the Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance.
Teachers can pay for their DBS using Celsian’s PayPal link.
We help candidates and schools through every step, including:
● NCTL (GTC) Confirmation (as appropriate to role) and QTS/QTLS check
● Prohibition Order Check
● Fully enhanced DBS disclosure and Barred List Check
● DBS Update Service Check every six months (if candidate has signed up)
● New DBS will be applied if it has been over 12 months since the date of issue (and no update service sign up)
● Childcare Disqualification Declaration
● Minimum two references covering two years
● 10 years of documented work history
● All gaps in classroom working history checked and verified
● Overseas police check (if applicable)
● Proof of ID and Right to Work in the UK
● Evidence of qualifications and training
● Face-to-face interview.
All candidates must also complete the following documentation:
● Contract for Services
● Declaration of Criminal Convictions
● Medical and Health Declaration
● Competency Questionnaire
● CPD and future requirements assessment
Such is our commitment to safeguarding that every one of our dedicated branch consultants undertakes Safer Recruitment training (NSPCC/Lucy Faithfull Foundation).
Refer a Friend
You probably know other brilliant teachers and support staff with the same commitment to children’s development as you.
If you have friends who are fully qualified Teachers, Nursery Nurses, Cover Supervisors or Teaching Assistants we can help them find teaching work and you will get vouchers for recommending them!
Follow this link.
We’ve established an extensive programme of free Continuing Professional Development (CPD) that’s available to every candidate we work with, regardless of your role or contract type. Sessions include:
● Team-teach: a seminar that provides the latest handling strategies for children with learning disabilities
● Child Protection: an in-house child protection course packed with up-to-date insights
● New Curriculum: a constantly-updated session that keeps your teaching in-line with national changes.
Read our Customer Service Policy here
Read our Complaints Policy here