Starting September 2021, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Secondary Teacher, responsible for teaching Design & Technology (DT) to mixed ability groups of pupils aged 11 to 18 years (Key Stage 3 to 5).
This is a fantastic opportunity for Early Career Teachers (NQT's) at the beginning of their teaching career journey as well as Recently Qualified Teachers (RQT's) and experienced Teachers who are looking to further their career.
An Ofsted rated Good Secondary school in North Birmingham is looking for a dedicated Design & Technology (DT) teacher who can develop ideas for lessons and approaches to teaching. Preparing pupils for exams, assessments, and the next stage of their academic careers. You will be working within an inclusive learning environment that prides itself on its dedication to promoting a positive and inspiring framework where achievements are recognised and celebrated.
An energetic, hands-on teaching style is needed to explain things to classes that consist of pupils of different experiences and abilities with clarity and enthusiasm, presenting information in an accessible way, demonstrating not just what, but also why and how.
To be a good fit for a Secondary Teacher role you need to be:
- Knowledgeable and resourceful.
- Positive and outgoing.
- Supportive and understanding.
- Trustworthy and ethical.
- Motivational and engaging.
- Inspiring and hands-on.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Assertive and confident.
- Empathetic and compassionate.
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English, Maths and Science.
- An Undergraduate Education Degree in Design & Technology (DT) or subject knowledge enhancement (SKE) course if your degree is in an area that is not directly relevant to this subject and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE - Scotland).
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Previous secondary school teaching experience.
- You will ideally hold or be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check on the update service
- Able to provide a minimum of 2 x references to cover the last 2 years of your employment and / or academic history
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference to pupil's as they progress through their secondary education. Your commitment to teaching and ensuring pupils achieve the most from their academic career is what will make you an excellent fit for this role. Apply today and stand out for all the traits that make you a great fit.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted