A job you can feel proud of in a profession that makes a difference.An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced consultant within the Education...
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a science technician to join a well-established and reputable college in West Midlands to start immediately.
The science department has an outstanding reputation, achieving examination results of the highest order.
All science teaching takes place in modern self-contained and well-resourced laboratories, most of which have been recently refurbished. There are 3 Physics, 4 Chemistry and 5 Biology laboratories, and to support teaching there are 5 excellent associated preparation rooms - all with networked computers for technician use. There are currently 1340 students studying AS and A2 science, taught by 8 Biology teachers, 9 Chemistry teachers and 5 Physics teachers, with a team of 5 Technicians for support plus an assistant. The vacancy is for a full time Technician, to work predominantly in the Chemistry and Biology. departments.
Successful applicants for this Science Technician job will have experience of working as a School Science Technician within a secondary school or FE college setting previously. You will be working as part of a team and report to the Senior Science Technician.
Science Technician duties will include:
· Preparation of stock solutions and maintaining glassware in classrooms
· Preparing practical lessons prior to lessons and delivering to the classrooms
· General up-keep of Science Technician laboratory
· Carrying out regular health and safety checks on laboratories, preparation rooms and stores and provide technical support and health and safety advice to staff and students;
· Helping pupils during lessons where required
· Implementing procedures and regulations involving safe disposal of waste material
Skills we look for in our Science Technicians include:
· Flexible and adaptable approach to work;
· At least 3 months experience within the last 2 years working as a science technician
· Flexible and adaptable approach to work
· Ability to work to own initiative;
· Ability to work alongside young people and adults;
· Good communication skills.
· A dedicated consultant who knows just what challenges you prefer
· A wide variety of suitable assignments
· Continuous Professional Development opportunities
· Excellent rates of take-home pay
· Out of hours contact
Don't miss out on this opportunity. Apply now or contact:
Celsian Birmingham Branch
0121 633 4698
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.