Celsian Education are working in partnership to recruit an experienced administrator to work in a busy school office in a primary school in Oldham from October half term.
It is absolutely essential that the successful candidate has recently worked in a school office as well as experience of using SIMS.
This is a varied role which requires you to be able to mutli-task and combine various duties to support school office, prospective and current students and ensure smooth operation of the school.
The skills required for the School Officer include:
· Previous experience working as a School Officer or Administrator.
· Experience of dealing with general enquiries.
· High standard of English language (both written and spoken)
· Advanced PC and MS Office applications skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong organisational skills.
· Natural problem-solving skills with a flexible and positive approach
· Ability to work in a team.
· Ability to speak another language is advantageous.
The duties may also include -
· Dealing with enquiries via email, phone, online and in person.
· Liaising with customers, complaints, giving information and professional advice to students.
· Supporting staff within school with general enquires.
· Maintaining and keeping up-to-date student and staff documentation.
· Managing school diary and school records, including staff hours, holiday records, issuing invoices, current and prospective student records, etc).
· Helping with ad hoc office jobs
The working hours are from 08:30-15.45 Monday-Friday.
Additional working hours might be required with prior arrangements.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV today or contact Hayley at the Manchester Branch of Celsian Education on 0161 839 8005 or email
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.