Looking for a change in your career and wanting to become a valued team member? Then Celsian Education have that opportunity for you'We are working...
Celsian Education are urgently searching for an Assistant Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) for a long term cover within a school based in Manchester. The school we are working on behalf of are looking for the candidate to start as soon as possible.
The school are highly supportive and passionate about giving all pupils equal attention to allow them to be the best learners possible. The school do this by creating a positive and friendly environment, where pupils are encouraged to communicate and explore whilst learning.
Candidates who wish to apply for this role will need the following:
- Previous experience working in SENCO role
- Experience working in a school setting
- Recently worked with pupils with SEND such as Autism and Dyslexia etc.
- Able to organise and work with support staff
- Assessing pupils for SEND requirements (desirable)
- Relevant qualifications
The candidates duties will be as followed:
- Day to day management of Learning Support Assistants
- Meet with parents as and when needed, leading annual reviews of statemented pupils
- Attend regular meetings with Principle, Assistant Principle and other members of school staff required.
- Liaise with outside agencies such as Educational Psychologists, SALT and sensory support.
- Oversee interventions ran by Learning Support Dept.
- Delegate Individual Education Plan, oversee and send home.
- Arrange training for LSA team
The school are very interested with applicants who have a vast amount of experience working with pupils with Dyslexia and on the Autistic Spectrum and this would help your application.
To apply for this position please apply with an up to date CV with all relevant experience, or to gain information on the position then please get in touch on 0161 839 8005.
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.