Starting as soon as possible, this is an exciting opportunity for a proactive and energetic Teaching Assistant (TA) to join the teaching faculty at an Ofsted rated Outstanding Secondary school in Birmingham. Providing you with the chance to work under the guidance of teaching staff, undertaking support programmes that enable access to learning for all pupils.
You will be working within an inclusive and progressive learning environment that prides itself on its dedication to ensuring every child receives a first-class education and achieves their full potential.
As a Teaching Assistant (TA) at this Ofsted rated Outstanding Secondary school in Birmingham, you will be responsible for providing learning support to individuals and groups while supporting teaching staff. You will be supporting pupils aged 11 to 16 years (Key Stage 3 and 4).
You will be combining your knowledge of learning support and teaching techniques with your compassion and understanding of learning needs and, in some cases, difficulties to support pupils in their educational career and Teachers in their duties.
As a Teaching Assistant (TA) you will have:
- Experience in supporting pupils in a classroom environment, including those with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Additional Learning Needs (ALN).
- A good understanding of the national Key Stage Curriculum.
- Sound understanding of child development and learning.
- The ability to demonstrate active listening skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- A dedication to establishing positive relationships with pupils and understanding their needs.
- The ability to provide varying levels of individual attention, reassurance and support with learning tasks as appropriate to pupils needs.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a wide range of duties in response to changing circumstances.
- The ability to monitor a pupil's response to learning activities and modify or adapt the activities to achieve the intended learning outcomes.
- The confidence to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek new teaching methods.
- The ability to provide constructive feedback to pupils in a way that reinforces self-esteem.
- The ability to handle complex and sensitive issues with empathy and understanding.
- Ability to work effectively and supportive as a member of the school team.
- 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and Mathematics.
- Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Previous teaching support experience with children within the age range of 11 to 16 years (Key Stage 3 and 4).
- You will ideally hold or be willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check on the update service
- Able to provide a minimum of 2 x references to cover the last 2 years of your employment and / or academic history
- Available to start as soon as possible
With your knowledge and experience of supporting children, some with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Additional Learning Needs (ALN) and some without, you will be an asset to this Ofsted rated Outstanding Secondary school in Birmingham. So, if you are ready to take on a new challenge with this rewarding role, we look forward to receiving your application.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted