Behaviour Mentor Mainstream Secondary SchoolAbout the as Graduate SEMH Behaviour Mentor Role As a Graduate SEMH Behaviour Mentor your role will involve you supporting teaching...
Are you a Humanities Graduate or about to complete your final year exams?
Are you thinking of moving on to teacher training or weighing up your career options?
Why not get experience working in schools and get paid at the same time?
Celsian Education is currently recruiting Humanities specialist to deliver History, Geography, RE and Social Studies lessons to secondary school pupils.
Working in a variety of secondary schools in and around the Rotherham area, you will be required to deliver pre-set lessons to pupils in Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. If you have no experience, don't worry, we are holding a FREE Cover Supervisor Course on 5th June at our office in Sheffield. This course will teach you behaviour management and the skills you need to deliver engaging lessons.
This is an excellent opportunity to build a relationship with a local school that truly values and supports their staff in which they partner with. This supportive and forward thinking school has very high standards so chooses to partner with a small number of talented cover supervisors who they use regularly, so for the right person, this could easily lead to regular and ongoing work in the future.
- Delivering planned lessons in the absence of a teacher across the Humanities department
- Providing handover notes for the returning teacher
- Managing pupils behaviour both in class and when required, outside of the classroom
- Supporting student queries
- Supporting and championing the schools safeguarding policies
- Adhering to school policies and procedures at all times
- Opportunity to build a long-term relationship with successful secondary schools near you
- Ability to deliver lessons in a variety of subjects
- The opportunity to be introduced to other schools in the area through Celsian Education
- Ability to work on day to day or long-term assignments in schools across South Yorkshire
- A proven ability to deliver lessons in a secondary school environment
- Able to provide working references covering the past two years
- The ability to be flexible and available for work at short notice
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.