Do you have a passion for supporting children with profound and multiple learning difficulties? Celsian Education is currently recruiting for PMLD Learning Support Assistants to...
Do you have a passion for supporting children with profound and multiple learning difficulties?
Celsian Education is currently recruiting for PMLD Learning Support Assistants to work in a variety of schools across South Yorkshire.
Successful candidates will be trained in Moving and Handling, as well as providing personal care. Recent training with administrating medication and MAKATON is highly desirable too.
We are very proud of the relationships we have built with specialist schools in the South Yorkshire area and can provide you with work in welcoming and supportive schools, who will make you feel part of their committed team no matter if you are there for day to day support or on a long-term basis.
We are a highly experienced agency that has an excellent understanding of the demographics of South Yorkshire schools. With a passion for developing long-term relationships with candidates and schools, we have great success in developing excellent working relationships with you in schools where you thrive.
What you will require:
- Qualified to minimum Level 3 in Health and Social Care or Childcare
- Experience working in a SEN setting
- Positive behaviour management
- Moving and handling trained
- Experience in supporting personal care
- Makaton, Speech and Language / Communications experience
- Training and experience in administoring medications
- The ability to work positively and effectively under pressure, taking note of, and acting on, all issues relating to the well-being and safeguarding of children
- You must be approachable, inspiring and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills
- The ability to demonstrate a consistent level of teaching support to facilitate the classroom teachers delivery of lessons
What we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools
- Recommend a Friend bonus
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.