Are you a confident Teaching Assistant that can effectively communicate with children who speak English as an Additional Language. Celsian Education is currently working in...
Are you a confident Teaching Assistant that can effectively communicate with children who speak English as an Additional Language.
Celsian Education is currently working in partnerships with schools who have an increased number of children with EAL and require Teaching Assistants who can communicate with Somali and Roma Slovak students. They urgently need confident Teaching Assistants to work on a one to one basis with children to boost the ability to communicate in English.
You will be responsible to support these children in the classroom to give them access to the national curriculum, as well as taking them out for booster sessions. Being allocated to one child at a time will enable to you to build a trusting relationship with a pupil that is not used to the UK schooling system, to integrate and improve their ability to communicate in English with an end target of having them fully integrated into the school and with pupils around them.
Celsian Education work with a number of schools exclusively in the Sheffield and surrounding areas, meaning we can introduce you to a number of schools that use us on a regular basis, giving you the ability to build long-term relationships with schools and feel a part of their valued staffing team. We pride ourselves on our ability to understand our candidate and clients needs, meaning we regularly introduce staff to schools that they thrive in.
What you will require:
- Qualified to minimum Level 3
- Experience working in a Primary setting
- Positive behaviour management
- The ability to work positively and effectively under pressure, taking note of, and acting on, all issues relating to the well-being and safeguarding of children
- You must be approachable, inspiring and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills
- The ability to demonstrate a consistent level of teaching support to facilitate the classroom teachers delivery of lessons
What we offer:
- Market leading rates of pay
- Highly committed and hardworking Consultants to support you during your assignments
- Quality free CPD delivered by educational experts supported by ongoing on the job training
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.