Celsian Education are looking for a note-taker for hearing impaired young people.The role will involve working predominantly at York College, however will also be based...
Are you a confident Hearing Impaired Support Specialist that has a passion for giving hearing impaired children the best access to education?
Celsian Education is currently working with a South Yorkshire based specialist school and need BSL support staff to service our clients needs. We are looking for hardworking individuals who are confident and ready to make a difference to groups of inspiring children. You will be required to work with small groups of pupils and on a 1-2-1 basis to deliver a variety of lessons, supporting teachers when required.
The schools are looking for people who understand the needs of their students. You will be working with students ranging from 3 - 19 years old.
You will need the following experience to be a successful candidate:
- Experience working with children with hearing impairment would be advantageous
- BSL 1 qualified or above
- Having a strong understanding of the social and emotional needs of young people
- A resilient approach and willing to overcome challenges that will occur daily are the attributes we are looking for.
What we offer
- Market leading pay rates (PAYE)
- 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment. Many of whom come from a teaching background
- Access to a wide range of CPD training through Celsian Education
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
Celsian Education has been placing teachers and teaching assistants since 1993 and operates throughout a network of offices across the UK enabling us to respond to your needs quickly and effectively. As was one of the first agencies to be awarded the DfE Quality Mark (now known as REC Audited Education) and the first national agency to be awarded APSCo Compliance+ - safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants will be expected to undergo a face-to-face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.