Celsian Education is working in partnership with a dynamic Secondary School in Chesterfield to recruit an inspiring English Cover Supervisor to work on a full-time,...
Celsian Education is currently recruiting for diverse Cover Supervisors to work flexible hours within schools in Sheffield and surrounding areas.
Do you hold a Degree and thinking about teaching? If you hold a degree you can become a Cover Supervisor with our free of charge Cover Supervisor course that is delivered by an industry expert.
This role does not require any lesson planning or marking; you will be expected to go into lessons and support the students with pre-set work.
Cover supervision includes the following core elements:
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the schools policy;
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment;
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures;
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the schools policies and procedures;
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher.
- Reporting back as appropriate using the schools agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
- Opportunity to build long-term relationships with secondary schools where you work
- Flexibility to work around your current commitments
- Ability to work on day to day or long-term assignments in schools across South Yorkshire
What we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools
- Recommend a Friend bonus
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.