Celsian Education have an immediate requirement for Behaviour Support Workers across Leeds LEA.Working within Inclusion settings, you will be expected to guide and support the...
Are you a passionate Support Worker with a talent for quickly engaging with people with additional needs?
Celsian Education is working in partnership with specialist schools in Doncaster, to meet the needs of these schools we are currently recruiting diverse Support Workers to assist pupils with physical and emotional care. You will work as part of a team to provide a stable, happy environment, putting the welfare of students at the forefront of the school's life.
You will support students who can be children or adults with Autism or complex learning needs, helping to prepare students for school and assist their needs and development throughout the school days. You will assist with personal care physical, emotional and financial well-being, ensure medications are taken when required and ensuring all pupils are able to live as independently as possible. You will assist as a Key worker, building and maintaining good relationships with friends and family members.
You will support progressing and developing individual health plans, supporting challenging behaviours as well as promoting positive behaviour management, using the school's behaviour management policies.
What we require:
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant / Health & Social Care Qualified
- Proven experience of engaging students in education
- Use positive and effective classroom management techniques
- Experience in supporting children or adults with Autism of Complex Learning Difficulties
- Have excellent subject knowledge
- Ability to drive a minibus is beneficial but not essential
- You must have a DBS that is on the DBS update service or be prepared to undertake a new DBS with Celsian Education
- Dedicated consultants committed to getting you to work with a wealth of recruitment and education experience
- Opportunities to build long-term relationships with schools near you
- Market leading rates of pay
- Regularly run, free CPD courses to keep your skills sharp and updated
- Refer a Friend Bonus Scheme
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.