Are you a confident and calming Teaching Assistant with a talent for supporting children with Autism and ADHD? Celsian Education is working with an inclusive...
Are you experienced in supporting children with additional needs?Do you want to make a positive impact in the lives of children with Special Educational Needs?
Celsian Education is currently recruiting dedicated SEND Specialist Support workers to work in both mainstream and specialist schools in the Sheffield area. We can provide both day to day and long-term assignments, to fit your individual needs.
You will provide support for students with a variety of additional needs including:
- ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health Issues
- Physical Impairment
- VI or HI - Visual or Hearing Impairment
- BESD - Behavioural, Social and Emotional difficulties
You will be working with pupils on a 1:1, small group work or whole class basis, providing additional support to both the Teacher and the students, specifically with pupils who require more focused and direct support. In order to qualify for the role, you will need the right attitude, be committed and willing to step into any situation.
Team Teach Qualification is also preferential, yet we will consider experienced candidates who have not had the training.
What you will require:
- Level 3 Health and Social Care or Teaching Assistant qualified
- Be confident, passionate and highly motivated
- Experienced supporting children or young adults with SEND
- A passion for education
- The ability to demonstrate a consistent level of teaching support to facilitate the classroom teachers delivery of lessons
- Team Teach certified desirable
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE accredited CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- Recommend a Friend bonus
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.