Celsian are currently working with secondary schools in Newcastle, who are keen to recruit experienced BSW's to start ASAP. Aside from relevant secondary school experience,...
Devoted Social Workers urgently required to support children that are disengaged from education.
Do you have a passion for improving the social and psychological function of secondary aged students?
Celsian Education is currently working with a large secondary school in Sheffield to recruit a nurturing school social worker to start after February half term.
You will work with allocated students that you will quickly build relationships with, understanding their individual needs and triggers. You will provide personal care including personal care, food preparation, feeding and medication. You will provide emotional and practical support to children and young people, working with their teacher and other health and social care professionals to provide individual care and development plans.
The company will provide full training and ongoing support to give you every opportunity to be successful in your work. They can consider both part and full-time working opportunities and if you have a passion for enabling students with SEND access to the best possible living standards, care and development, you will have a rewarding and fulfilling career with them.
What you will require:
- Health and Social Care, Teaching Assistant Qualification or Psychology Degree
- A commitment to developing the personalities, talents and abilities of children and young adults with learning difficulties
- Experience in supporting children to engage in education
- Proven behaviour management techniques
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs and that are specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Top rates of pay
- Guaranteed pay schemes
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools, including Primary, Secondary and SEND
- Up to £250 Recommend a Friend bonus
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.