Calling all Maths Intervention Teachers or Graduates seeking a long term position with immediate effectCelsian Education are seeking Maths Practitioners to join and support our...
Are you a qualified Maths specialist looking for intervention positions with immediate effect? Celsian Education are working with a secondary school near Yardley who are seeking a strong Maths specialist on a long term basis with immediate effect.. Recent experience of teaching and supporting Maths in both key stage 3 and key stage 4 is essential and we would also like to hear from NQTs and Cover Supervisors who also have experience within Secondary schools in that locality.
The nature of the role is to predominantly work on a 1:1 or small group basis with a number of Year 11 students with an assessment of progress at the end. Applicants need to be able to diagnose where students' weaknesses lie, remedy and ensure that the learning is secure. Candidates need to be able to quickly develop a positive relationship with students, be tenacious in the pursuit of progress and be able to explain the why of mathematics, not just the how.
Key responsibilities of this role include the following;
- To support small groups of students designated by the class teacher or Senior Leadership Team.
- Supporting pupils with additional needs in mainstream classes, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Establishing good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- To assist teachers to identify the learning needs of individual students.
- To provide feedback to teaching staff regarding student progress with respect to identified units of work.
- To keep an accurate record of group work: learning objective/teaching task/students/relevant assessment data.
- To plan and deliver sessions following an outlined programme of study.
- Supporting pupils in using basic ICT as directed. After your application has been reviewed, we will contact you to arrange a time for you to attend an interview at our Birmingham City Centre office. We look forward to hearing from you
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.