Celsian Education are currently looking for a Learning Support Assistant who holds the British Sign Language Level 3 qualification to work in a specialist provision...
Are you a calm and caring Level 3 Learning Support Assistant that thrives when supporting students with ASD?
Do you want to work in a supportive alternative provision that is dedicated to enabling autistic students to live independently and have access to a high-quality learning environment.?
Celsian Education is working with a passionate alternative provision to recruit a dedicated Learning Support Assistant to join them on a 1 year fixed-term contract starting in September.
The school caters for children with ASD and associated additional needs including developing behaviour and SEMH. You will work on a 1:1 basis with select pupils through the year, helping them to access the curriculum and have a focus on personal development.
- The school caters to students aged 7 - 16
- Autism, SEMH and PMLD
- The school provides a vibrant and challenging environment in which students learn and develop into responsible young people, assisted by excellent care, guidance and support
- The assistance of multiple learning support assistants to ensure the smooth running of lessons
- The school offers dynamic thought-provoking learning for all pupils
- Teaching Assistant or Health and Social Care Qualification
- Positive behaviour management
- SEND experience - ASD, Behaviour and SEMH
- The ability to work positively and effectively under pressure
- Proven ability to develop speech and language skills
- You must be approachable, inspiring and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills
- The ability to demonstrate a consistent level of teaching support to facilitate the classroom teachers delivery of lessons
- Confidence to provide personal care beneficial but not essential
- Top rates of pay
- Guaranteed pay scheme
- An abundance of long-term and day to day roles
- A variety of work in all key stages you are skilled in
- Excellent range of CPD delivered by industry experts
- Dedicated consultants
- Excellent support - we are always here to talk to you
- £250 Refer a friend scheme
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.