We are looking to appoint a qualified computer science teacher to maintain a high standard of teaching, inspire the students and continue to drive up...
We are looking to appoint an experienced student support manager to work within a 'good' Ofsted rated Sandwell based secondary school from September 2019.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support and maintain the development of a positive ethos within the school that promotes high standards of behaviour, work and appearance.
- To monitor and develop strategies in relation to improving attendance and punctuality and work alongside the Attendance and Welfare Officer to implement them.
- To work with Form Tutors and take pupil registers if necessary
- Monitor students on daily report, and attendance report
- To attend and support Staff meetings, Year meetings and Parents Evenings
Management of Behaviour Issues:
- To liaise with other support staff in school to coordinate appropriate actions for individual students. i.e. Learning Mentor Team, SEN, EAL
- To liaise with outside agencies to refer and monitor students
- To assist with the investigation of discipline issues
- Regularly carry out a 'walk about' duty to pick up issues
- To gather work for isolated or excluded students and offer supervision
- To carry out first day calling absence
- To monitor attendance and punctuality
- All aspects of Home/School liaison, working in collaboration with the school staff, other outside agencies to ensure a co-ordinated approach to truancy and pupil absence
- Monitoring standards in uniform
- Administration of the school rewards system
- Preparation of paperwork, including all referrals, statements for and attendance to Governors' Disciplinary meetings
- Assemblies in liaison with the Year Leader
- Co-ordinating Year Council meetings
- Management of behaviour issues
- Monitoring of daily reports
Apply Now: If you are interested in this role, please call Stacey on 0121 633 4698 for more information
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.