Celsian Education are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Graduate Cover Supervisor. The role provides both classroom supervision for pupils where teacher colleagues are absent from...
Are you looking for your next role in a school?
Celsian Education is looking for diverse cover supervisors to work in our partnering secondary schools in the Rotherham area.
As a Cover Supervisor, your duties will be:
- Deliver pre-planned work in the absence of the teacher
- Ensure students are progressing with their task
- Monitor the behaviour of the classroom in line with the guidelines of the school
You must be able to build strong rapport with both students and staff, as well as being flexible and committed to your assignments. We need people that are confident and have experience working with children in the past.
Free Training can be provided, so if you have worked in one of the following fields and have a passion for education, this is a great role for you!
- University Graduate deciding on whether to teach
- University Graduate about to embark on teacher training
- Personal Trainers (worked with groups such as boot camp)
- Dance Coaches
- Functional Skills Coach
- Ex-Army personnel
- Tutoring experience
- Prison Workers
- Experience with Young Offenders
- Children's Home Residential Support Workers
- Drama / Actor Coaches
- Overseas Trained Teachers
Strong behaviour management is also desired but not essential. It may be that you work in different schools on different days, building up your experience and confidence. The students will always be KS3 and KS4 however they could be a range of abilities and we need someone that can adapt to this.
The great thing about Cover Supervisor work is that it can fit around you, and its completely flexible. You have no planning or marking to do at the end of the day, the role will simply start and end in the classroom.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have excellent time management
- Own car is desirable but not essential (up to 30 minutes travel time)
- Enhanced DBS on the update service
- Ability to provide x2 references covering at least the last year
- Top rates of pay
- Guaranteed pay scheme
- Flexibility when you work
- Excellent range of CPD delivered by industry experts
- Dedicated consultants
- Excellent support - we are always here to talk to you
- £250 Refer a friend scheme
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.