Supply Teaching Assistants needed for Primary Schools across Leeds and surrounding areas.Are you a qualified Teaching Assistant looking for local work? A role as a...
Special Needs Teaching Assistant SEN/PMLD/Autism/Intensive InteractionTeaching Assistant Learning Support Assistant Full Time - Leeds At Celsian Education we are currently looking for an experienced Special Needs Teaching Assistant to work within a specialist setting in the Leeds area.
If you have previous experience of working with students with additional needs, we would love to hear from you!
The school caters for students who have a wide variety of Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, therefore the ideal candidate would have a background of working within Special Education using Intensive Interaction, Makaton and Team Teach.
- This is a full-time role due to begin in January 2020.
- The school hours are 8:30-15:30 every day, with the exception of staff meetings.
- The school is located in a central location of Leeds, where there is parking and also good public transport links.
- The pay will be between £65 and £70 per day and whilst working with Celsian will be weekly.
- You will be working with some students who have medical needs therefore a background of working within care or nursing would also be beneficial.
- There will be personal care involved in the role.
- You will be joining part of an extremely dedicated team who have gone above and beyond to create a safe and effective learning environment that caters for such a range of needs, therefore we are looking for someone who is looking to commit to the role.
- This will initially be until July 2020 with the opportunity to then go onto a permanent contract with the school.
The following qualifications would be advantageous but are not essential, Celsian Education can provide training courses for the right candidate:
- Intensive Interaction
- Team Teach
- Moving and Handling
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check (registered on the online update service) and relevant safeguarding training. If you do not currently hold an enhanced DBS check, we can put one in process.
What Celsian Education can offer:
- Free or heavily subsidised CPD for candidates to enhance your skill set.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Weekly pay.
- An excellent refer a friend scheme where you are eligible for between £75 and £250 for recommending a friend to us.
- Support and advise from your own dedicated consultant.
Please apply now if you are interested in this role, or if you would like any further information do not hesitate to contact us in branch where we will be happy to help!
Special Needs Teaching Assistant SEN/PMLD/Autism/Intensive InteractionTeaching Assistant Learning Support Assistant Full Time - Leeds
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.