Are you a nurturing teaching assistant with experience of supporting pupils with ASD? Do you have a passion for enabling young people with autism to...
Are you a nurturing teaching assistant that thrives in enabling ASD students to engage in education?
Do you want to work in a supportive Integrated Resource Unit where you will quickly become an integral part of the classroom-based team?
Celsian Education is working with a well respected Primary School in Sheffield, to recruit a SEND Teaching Assistant to join their IRU, to support pupils with Autism to engage in fun and stimulating lessons.
You will quickly understand the students you work with, building rapport, understanding their triggers and enable them to access a high quality of education. If you want to make an impact on a child's life and give them the stepping stones they need to make the most of their life opportunities this role is for you.
What you will require:
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification
- Experience working in a Primary setting
- Experience of supporting students with Autism
- The ability to work positively and effectively under pressure
- Confidence to act on all issues relating to the well-being and safeguarding of children
- Proven ability to develop speech and language skills
- You must be approachable, inspiring and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills
- The ability to demonstrate a consistent level of teaching support to facilitate the classroom teachers delivery of lessons
What we offer:
- Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
- An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE CPD courses available
- A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
- Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
- A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools
- £250 Recommend a Friend bonus
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.