Team-Teach Teaching Assistant required to work with primary aged SEN pupils in mainstream education. Celsian Education is looking for a Teaching Assistant who has experience...
Celsian Education are currently looking for a passionate and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to work within one of
our partner primary schools located in Central Leeds. The school is looking immediately for a dedicated SEN teaching
assistant (TA) that is able to support 1:1 working with a child in Year 2 who is non-verbal.
You will be required to support with PECS, Makaton to support childs communication and complex special needs as part
of his Educational Healthcare Plan (EHCP), the experience of PECS / Makaton is essential in securing the role.
Our client is a GOOD, nurturing school at the heart of the community, providing child-centred, high quality learning
through play and exploration. It is a warm, friendly community-based school with an emphasis on what is best for the
children encouraging curiosity, confidence and a love of learning.
· Minimum 1 year of experience delivering specialist interventions with autistic/nonverbal children and/or children with
speech & language difficulties
· Exceptional communicators and strong team-players
· Able to fit in well with the supportive staff-team at the school
· A pro-active and enthusiastic teaching assistant who can bring to the post lots of ideas and a passion for working with
· Previous experience working with autism in a primary school is essential for this role
· Eligibility to live and work in the UK
· The desire and motivation to meet the challenge of working with children with SEN
· Ability to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
The school offers:
· A large and well-resourced School - 'GOOD School rated by Ofsted
· A welcoming, vibrant and inclusive school community
· Dedicated and passionate support staff
· Excellent career development opportunities
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This vacancy is time sensitive - please apply ASAP if you are interested in this role - send your CV to Sam at Celsian
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.