Are you a confident and hard-working teaching assistant looking for a flexible role to work around other commitments?Do you have previous experience working with students...
Special Needs Teaching Assistant Needed Full Time Role - North LeedsSEN - Autism - ASD/ASC - Team Teach Learning Support Assistant
We have a requirement for an outstanding and adaptable teaching assistant to work in an Outstanding setting in the North of Leeds. This role is to begin as soon as possible and will be for the rest of the academic year with the view to then go permanent.
Your main duties as a Special Needs Teaching Assistant will be:
1. To support students who may have complex educational and medical needs.
2. Supporting pupils who require additional support with communication, including those pupils with a mechanical system of communication and PECS. Therefore, experience with PECs would be beneficial but this training can be provided. Makaton and BSL would also be desirable but again we can provide relevant training if needed for the role.
3. You will be required to help students who have speech difficulties under the guidance and help of the Speech Therapist.
4. Feeding pupils and assisting them with drinking, in-house training can be given.
5. Supporting pupils who because of their physical needs may need moving and handling care and/or in transported in wheel chairs.
6. Support with activities under the guidance of the class teachers, ensuring that the students are reaching their own potential and having memorable moments throughout the school day. More about the role: - The school accommodates students aged 2 year to 19 years with additional needs which are varying but you would be predominantly working with children on the Autistic Spectrum. Therefore, experience working with ASD is essential, whether this is in an educational, residential or personal capacity.
- This role is full time, Monday to Friday.
- The school are rated Outstanding and are therefore extremely committed to the safeguarding and well-being of their students and they expect their staffing to share the same levels of dedication to all students.
- CPD qualifications such as Team Teach, Makaton and PECS would be beneficial but we can provide these courses.
- The pay for the role will be between £60 and £70 per day and when working through Celsian pay will be weekly. If you are interested in working as a Special Needs Teaching Assistant and you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW. We look forward to hearing from you'
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.