Do you have the ability to quickly build relationships with students who struggle to express their emotions? Have you got experience of supporting mild autism?...
Do you have a talent for building relationships with students that are struggling to engage in education?
Are you able to quickly build rapport with pupils and understand their motivations and establish alternative learning routes?
Celsian Education is working in partnership with a specialist school in Sheffield to recruit a Behaviour Support Mentor to join their teaching team.
You will work on a 1:1 basis with a child to support SEMH, enabling them to re-engage in education. You will work with the class teacher and Inclusion Manager to help plan and deliver IEP's for students in your care.
This is a full-time job starting ASAP until the end of the academic year.
This job will provide a new challenge every day and your hard work will be rewarded with great job satisfaction, so apply for this job now.
- Be confident, passionate and highly motivated
- Strong behaviour management
- Qualification: Teaching Assistant, Psychology degree or Health and Social Care NVQ
- A passion for education
- The ability to demonstrate a consistent level of teaching support to facilitate the classroom teachers delivery of lessons
- A Team Teach certification would be desirable but not essential
- Confidence to provide personal care beneficial but not essential
- Top rates of pay
- Guaranteed pay scheme
- An abundance of long-term and day to day roles
- A variety of work in all key stages you are skilled in
- Excellent range of CPD delivered by industry experts
- Dedicated consultants
- Excellent support - we are always here to talk to you
- £250 Refer a friend scheme
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.