Celsian Education are recruiting seasonal exam invigilators starting September 2020 within a South Birmingham based secondary school.
You will be employed on a casual basis to supervise students. Working hours will be variable depending on examination requirements but will normally be between 8:30am - 11:30am and/or 1pm - 3pm. We expect those joining the invigilation team to be flexible about their availability to support the busy examination periods.
As an Exam Invigilator, you will be working within a team of invigilators who will ensure that the exams are carried out on time and that the process of examinations are kept to a high standard. We are looking for responsible individuals who are punctual, professional, who can work within a team and who are able to promote a supportive atmosphere for students to achieve their best.
Exam invigilators are required to:
- Adhere to the correct exam procedures are followed
- Set up the exam hall/room, collect and distribute equipment/exam papers at the beginning and end of the exam
- Scribe / read for students who have additional needs
- Ensure students are not talking or conferring
- Ensure students have enough paper and stationery Assist students if need to leave the exam due to illness
- Previous experience of invigilating exams within schools / colleges
- Highly organised
- Reliable and vigilant
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Hold a valid enhanced DBS check on the update service
- Able to provide references to cover the last 2 years of employment history
In return, you will be offered:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants.
- Opportunities to progress your career.
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant.
- FREE face to face CPD courses.
- Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £250 of Amazon vouchers for every Teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every Teaching Assistant who registers and works for 10 days
Don't miss out on this opportunity
Apply now by sending your CV through to Stacey directly or contact me to discuss further on 0121 633 4698
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted