Special Needs Teacher North Leeds KS3/KS4 SEN AutismAre you an experienced Special Needs Teacher looking for a new and exciting challenge?Do you have experience teaching...
Are you an experienced SEN Teacher looking for a new opportunity?
Do you have experience teaching students with Autism and other additional learning needs?
We are currently looking for a qualified teacher to work with children who need additional support. This includes children with physical disabilities, learning, emotional, behavioural or communication difficulties, conditions such as autism, dyspraxia, dyslexia and ADHD, sensory impairments, sensory processing disorder, and mental health issues.
Your responsibilities will include:
· developing programmes of learning activities suited to the needs of the children
· planning, preparing and researching lessons
· preparing and adapting relevant teaching materials
· contact and teaching time with students on an individual, class or small group basis
· checking and assessing student's work and giving feedback
· encouraging personal development
· liaising with parents, external agencies and a range of other professionals, such as speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists
· coordinating the work of support staff in your classroom
The school is situated in the North of Leeds and is welcoming and supportive. The students are KS3/KS4 aged with a range of abilities and needs. This is ideally a full-time role but for the right candidate a part time role may be an option.
· The pay for this role will be scale dependant.
· The school is situated in the North of Leeds, accessible by car or public transport.
· You must have Qualified Teacher Status to be considered for this role as well as experience working with students who have Special Needs.
If you are interested in this role please apply now or call us in branch for further information.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.