Teaching Assistant - Special Needs Location: LeedsSalary: £9.60 - £10.50 per hour based on experience.Hours: Full time - 40 hrs per week 8:30-15:30, Mon - Fri. Term time - 39 weeksStart Date: September 2020
At Celsian Education we are working with a specialist SEN school for children with complex communication and social difficulties. The school supports students aged 3 to 19 years whose difficulties are typically associated with Autism, Aspergers Syndrome and other associated issues that impact their emotional health and wellbeing which creates barriers to learning.
The role of the Teaching Assistant is to support the children with their learning and care whilst in school and other settings, under the supervision of the Class Teacher. As well as developing and delivering personalised learning, taking into consideration each childs unique needs and approach to learning and social interaction.
You will be working with colleagues to support pupils with their daily routines, transitions and positive behaviour management. A tailored approach to the individual child ensures that every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career whilst you help shape and develop our provision to achieve this.
Key roles and Responsibilities
· Promoting and encouraging independence and personal development in pupils whilst also maintaining high expectations of behaviour at all times. Strong behaviour management is essential.
· You will be contributing to providing high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and experiences through supporting the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum aiming at pupils achieving their full potential in all areas of learning.
· To respond to the varying and changing needs of the school and adapt to any task presented to achieve the smooth running of the school.
· To promote pupils cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being.
· To establish a warm, caring and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the School. The ability to build strong, trusting relationships is vital when working with students who have additional learning needs.
· You will joining an extremely motivated and successful team of practitioners who are dedicated to the school and to all students, therefore you will be expected to share their commitment and help towards making a difference and maintaining to high levels of care and support they provide.
· Level 1- 3 SEND Teaching Assistant Qualification (desirable but not essential)
· Experience of working with individuals with Special Educational Needs, whether in an educational setting, residential or personal capacity.
· Level 2 (GCSE) in Maths and English
· CPD such as Team Teach or Makaton training would be advantageous but will be provided by Celsian Education.
· This is a full-time role set to begin in September 2020
· You will be working in a Special Needs School as an Learning Support Assistant.
· You will be expected to help students with varying needs, this can include some aspects of personal care.
· The school is located in a central location in Leeds, easily accessible by car or public transport.
· Competitive rates of pay
· Pension plan
· CPD opportunities including but not limited to; Team teach, Makaton, PECS, Behaviour Management and Intensive Interaction.
· Support from your dedicated consultant
· Refer a friend scheme.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Please APPLY NOW or contact us in branch for any further information.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted