Educarer - Leeds - SEN - Special Needs School
At Celsian Education we are currently looking for an Educarer to work full time between the hours of 9am and 3pm at a specialist, welcoming setting in Leeds.
You must have some previous nursing/educaring experience and be comfortable with personal care. This is a school catering for students who have profound and multiple learning difficulties so experience working with individuals who have complex needs is also important.
As an Educarer your main role will be:
· To provide during the school day activities that support and encourage higher levels of social skills and environment that positively reflects appropriate social norms
· To ensure that the health and welfare of students
· To provide a warm caring and safe environment for children which encourages their physical, emotional and social growth
· The day-to-day care and supervision of all children during school activities
· To ensure all recording is accurate by completing it promptly and in line with official procedures and guidelines
· To ensure that any concerns regarding child protection are brought to the immediate attention of the DSP
· To ensure that all documentation relating to incidents of behaviour are recorded in line with school policy and procedure
· To provide key worker support for students.
· Care planning and IECP Reports for internal and external reviews
· Liaising with parents, carers, social workers and other professionals
If you are interested in this role please apply with a current CV up to date CV. Role Specifics:
- This is a full-time role working as an Educarer starting September 2020.
- You will be working with students with PMLD tending to their personal care needs.
- You will be joining a supportive and welcoming educare team who currently require additional support.
- The school is situated in an accessible area of Leeds.
- You must have some relevant experience whether Educaring or nursing.
All candidates will need to either hold or be willing to process an enhanced DBS check that is on the online update service. If you have any questions in regard to this role please contact us in branch.
PMLD - Educare - Educarer - Leeds - Full Time - Nursing - Personal Care
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted