SEN Teaching Assistant - Leeds
Are you understanding of others needs and adaptable to those needs?
Are you an experienced Teaching assistant who would like to make a positive impact on someones life?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We are working in Partnership with a Special School in Leeds who are looking for a Teaching Assistant to support children and young people with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC). This is a full-time role to begin in September.
This role will be working with students of varying ages and varying needs, accompanied by a Class Teacher. You will be working with children and young people on a one to one basis who struggle to engage with learning in a classroom environment.
The ideal Teaching Assistant
· Support implementation of strategies to manage behaviour
· Record and report student progress to the teacher an parents
· Establish and maintain relationships with the children and other staff
· Be reliable, passionate and personable
Requirements of the Teaching Assistant
· You will have good behaviour management strategies and be confident in managing challenging behaviours
· You must follow and respect the school behaviour policy
· You must have an enhanced Child Workforce DBS and on the update service/ or be happy to apply for a DBS
· Team Teach would be advantageous but can be provided
· You will have experience with the following SEND -o ADHDo Autismo Dyslexia and Dyspraxiao Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficultieso Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)During the next few weeks we will be conducting initial interviews for our schools online. Please apply via the link below.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted