At Celsian Education we are currently working with a Specialist School for children and young people with mild to moderate complex learning needs. We wish to appoint an enthusiastic teaching assistants to join the successful school from September 2020.
· You will be supporting students both within the class and during unstructured situations
· Supporting the teaching and therapy staff to maintain detailed case notes of all children seen.
· Participate in supervision and support as required.
· Acting as a resource and support for other staff members working with the children
· Making and preparing resources for teaching and therapy staff
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
We would be delighted to hear from you if you are:
· Experienced in working with ASD/special needs and confident in managing challenging behaviours
· Interested in working in a progressive, lively and successful school in a rewarding field of education where you will really be making a difference
· Someone who understands challenging behaviour and has high levels of resilience and a positive attitude and a sense of humour
· An adaptable person, who always puts the pupils needs first
· Someone who can take initiative but can also follow within a team
To be considered you must be:
· Passionate about helping children and young people
· Creative and innovative in your approach
· Nurturing and positive with the ability to create a safe and trusting environment
· Experienced working with special needs
· Committed to self-improvement and developing your knowledge
· DBS checked (or willing to be checked)
· This is a full-time role Monday to Friday
· The working hours are 8:30-15:30
· You will be working with students aged 3-19 with varying Special Educational Needs and Disabilities such as Autism, ADHD, SEMH, Downs Syndrome and CMLD.
· The pay is between £65 and £70 per day.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted