Teacher of Geography - Rochdale
Celsian Education is recruiting for a qualified Geography Teacher to join the Humanities Faculty of a large, socially diverse secondary school in Rochdale.
The post is to start in September 2020 to cover maternity leave and would be suitable for either a NQT or an experienced teacher.
As a Geography Teacher, you will be joining a well-resourced faculty with access to excellent facilities. The quality of teaching and learning is high. There is strong distributed leadership and teamwork within the Faculty. Pupils make excellent progress at all levels.
The key areas of responsibility will be:-
● To plan teaching to achieve outstanding progress in students' learning;
● To set high expectations for students' behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well focused teaching and the development of positive and productive relationships;
● To use a variety of teaching methods and resources, which sustain the momentum of students work and keeps all pupils engaged;
● To use assessment information to inform planning and maximise progress;
● To mark and monitor students work providing constructive feedback and setting appropriate targets to maximise progress
To be successful, you will need:
- To be an outstanding and passionate teacher of Geography
- A teaching qualification e.g. PGCE, B.Ed, GTP
- Previous experience of teaching Geography to KS3 and KS4
- Strong behaviour management
- To be a committed team player
- Good communication skills
- A pro-active approach to work
- Ability to engage and inspire pupils
- To be committed to inclusion and to ensure that no child is left behind
When you apply with Celsian Education, you get:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Excellent range of free face to face CPD courses
- A variety of work in all key stages you are skilled in
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £250 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more fantastic teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Celsian Education.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted