Are you experienced working with students who have additional learning needs such as Autism? Are you a nurturing and compassionate person with the drive to really make a difference?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
At Celsian Education we are currently recruiting for SEND teaching assistants to work in a Special School in Leeds full time, starting from this September. This will initially be a temporary post with the view of them going permanent.
- You will be providing classroom and 1:1 support to students with a variety of special educational needs, such as Autism, ADHD, Downs Syndrome, Speech and Language difficulties and PMLD. Therefore, prior experience is essential.
- You will be working with the class teacher and other members of support staff to ensure a safe and calm learning environment, taking into consideration each students unique needs and requirements.
- You will be involved in the planning of activities and lessons that are inclusive for all learners.
- You must be confident in managing challenging behaviours and able to take a positive, calming approach to new situations.
- You will be joining an extremely dedicated team so we are looking for someone who can share that commitment and be willing to go the extra mile for the students to ensure that their school day can be a safe place and that they feel valued and catered for.
- This is a full-time role. Monday to Friday. 8:30-15:30 (term time only)- Pay is between £65 and £70 per day - Team Teach training would be preferred but can be provided. - The school is located in an easily accessible area in Leeds, with good public transport links and parking on site.
If you are interested in embarking on a new and rewarding challenge, please click apply now.
All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and relevant safeguarding training.
Special Needs Teaching Assistant - SEN Teaching Assistant - SEN TA - Learning Support Assistant - Autism - ASD - ADHD - Complex Needs - PMLD - Leeds - Full Time - SEND
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted