SEND Teaching Assistant - Special Educational Needs
At Celsian Education we are currently looking for teaching assistants who are experienced working with children and young people with special educational needs to work in a Special School full time from September 2020.
- You will be working with students who have SEND such as Autism and ADHD therefore you must be confident in managing challenging behaviours and de-escalating situations.
- You will be working with students on a 1:1 and classroom basis, supporting individuals with varying needs so you must be able to adapt and be flexible with your approach, catering for unique learning needs and abilities.
- The ideal candidate will be nurturing and able to create and calm and stimulating environment.
- The school is a specialist setting with excellent resources for the students aged from 3 years to 19.
- This is a full-time role starting on September the 7th.
- You must have a background of working with students with Special Needs, whether in an educational or residential setting. - Experience using tools for communication such as Makaton and PECs would be beneficial, but training can be provided. - Team teach training would also be beneficial.- You must either hold an enhanced DBS check (on the online update service) or be willing to put one in process.
If you are passionate about helping students with SEND then we would love to hear from you!
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted