Learning Mentor - SENSpecialist ASD Teaching Assistant Pontefract - Full Time
At Celsian Education we are currently looking for a Learning Mentor to work within a welcoming and warm setting in Pontefract. You will be working 1:1 with a student with Autism in their specialist resource provision.
Your role will be:
- Supporting the student throughout the school day, in both mainstream lessons and in the specialist provision.
- Ensuring you create a safe, calm environment where they can engage in learning and progress.
- Working closely with the Teachers in the provision to ensure that the lessons cater for individual needs and delivering the lessons when required.
- Working with other professionals such as Speech and Language Therapists and Educational Psychologists.
We are looking for a candidate who has experience working with students with Autism and has a deeper understanding of what the students need. You must be able to use this experience to adapt specialist approaches and learning methods, using effective resources, in order to engage the students in learning and ensure they are receiving the best possible opportunities.
- This is a full-time role, beginning this September and is set to be until the Christmas break with the view of then going onto a permanent contract.
- The working hours will be 8am until 15:30pm, you will also be involved in staff meetings so would be expected to stay behind when needed.
- This is mainly a 1:1 role working with a student with Autism, but you will also be involved in teaching small groups or on a 1:1 basis.
We are looking for someone who is driven by working with students with SEND and who will be able to commit to this role. If you think you have the experience and skill set for this role, please apply now.
Celsian Education are committed to the safeguarding and well-being of children and young people, therefore successful candidates must either hold or be willing to process an enhanced DBS check and provide relevant and up to date references.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted