Are you aiming to progress your career by working with SEN (Special Education Needs) students in a specialist setting?
Committed to supporting Early Years, Primary, Secondary and Post 16 students with varied Special Needs?
Then we have an exciting new SEN teaching assistant opportunity for you in Leeds.
Desirable but not necessary experience:
· Supporting SEN children in school (inside/outside classroom, in the playground, at interventions, etc.)
· Liaising with class teacher, SENCO, parents and intervention leads
· Utilising communication tools such Makaton and PECs
· Supporting students with Autism, Downs Syndrome, Speech and Language, Challenging Behaviours and Medical Needs
· Optimal managing of sensory needs
· Experience supporting individuals with SEN whether in an education based setting or residential.
· DBS certificate on the update service- or willingness to apply for a new one.
SEN teaching assistant benefits:
· An opportunity for experienced TA's or graduates with an interest in SEN
· £65 - £70 day rate (PAYE- no admin or payroll fees)
· Experience working in a welcoming, specialist setting with excellent resources
· Progression through school, dependent on career path/school needs
· Regular training on specific SEN - (Team Teach, Makaton, Pecs, Autism, Behaviour Management, Intensive Interaction).
· These positions start in September 2020 between the 9th and 21st September, they are full time positions across varied age ranges, some being 1:1 positions.
When applying for the SEN teaching assistant role, please ensure to apply with your current CV.
Candidates will need to complete a registration process including passing all vetting (Enhanced Children's DBS) and reference checks.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted