Celsian Education are recruiting for enthusiastic and dedicated SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistants to work with a school in Leeds. The school has a fantastic reputation in the area and are looking for SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistants who have experience working with children and young people with Special Needs. The school has supportive and friendly staff and is in any easily accessible area of Leeds, with parking and great public transport links. The role will run for the full academic year and has the possibility of becoming a permanent role for the right person.
The ideal SEN TA/SEN Teaching Assistant will:
· Have relevant experience working with SEND, whether in an educational or residential setting
· Have the ability to create meaningful and trusting, but professional, relationships with students
· Create a safe and calm learning environment
· Adapt lessons and activities to be inclusive and cater for the needs of all students you are working with
· Be confident in de-escalation and managing challenging behaviours, team teach training would be advantageous but can be provided
· Have a positive, reassuring and nurturing manner.
This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday. You must be willing to commit to the role and the students; this will involve attending staff meetings etc. The students you will be working with have varying SEND, such as Autism, Physical Difficulties and Downs Syndrome.
Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
What Celsian Education offer
As a valued employee of Celsian Education, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
· Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
· Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
· FREE or heavily subsidised training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Makaton.
· Generous refer a friend bonus scheme.
· Your own dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.How to applyIf you are a SEN TA / SEN Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you. Click Apply Now or contact us in branch.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted