SEN Teaching Assistant - Wakefield - Full Time - Long Term - Part Time - Flexible Daily Cover - Special Educational Needs - Autism - ASD
Are you a recent graduate looking for a new and rewarding role working with children with SEN?
Do you have previous experience supporting children and young people with Autism and other Special Educational Needs?
If so, Celsian Education have a fantastic new opportunity for you!
We are currently working with a specialist setting in Wakefield who require confident and inspiring teaching assistants to join their team and provide additional support to students with Special Needs. At present they require teaching assistants who are available full time to work long term supporting their students and providing consistency as well as people who are looking for more flexible work and can be available to work on an adhoc basis when needed.
The school is situated in an easily accessible area with good public transport links.
They support students with a variety of different needs, including Autism, ADHD, PMLD and Global Delay. The ideal candidate would have previous experience working in an educational environment and providing 1:1 support to students. We are looking for confident, passionate students who really want to make a difference and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure that all students feel valued.
Requirements for this SEN teaching assistant opportunity:
· Experience working with children and young people with SEND
· Confidence in your ability to de-escalate situations and manage challenging behaviours
· Ability to create and maintain trusting, meaningful relationships
· You must have or be willing to process an enhanced DBS check that is registered on the online update service.
· Ability to adapt learning methods and tailor activities for students individual needs
· A calm, empathetic and positive manner
What Celsian Education can offer:
· Competitive rates of pay paid weekly - PAYE
· Support from your dedicated consultant
· Continual free or heavily subsidised CPD to enhance your skillset such as Autism Awareness, PECS, Makaton and Team Teach.
· Excellent refer a friend schemeJust click APPLY NOW' We look forward to hearing from you.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted