Early Years SEN Support - EYFS - SEND - Complex Communication and Autism - ASD ASC - Leeds - Special Educational Needs
Are you a confident and nurturing early years practitioner with a background of working with students with Special Educational Needs?
Do you have experience supporting students with complex needs?
At Celsian Education we are currently working with an incredible Specialist setting in Leeds who require an additional member of staff to work in their complex needs class. You will be supporting students who are all working at an early years level so EYFS experience and curriculum knowledge is essential. A percentage of the students are non-verbal so experience using communication aids such as Makaton and PECs would be beneficial, but this training can be provided.
The ideal candidate will be patient, empathetic and able to create a calm environment. The role includes working 1:1 with students who require more focused attention and supporting the class under the supervision of the lead teacher. Some students will require personal care.
- You will be working with students with complex needs so previous experience is essential. The ideal candidate will truly understand Autism and have experience supporting children on the Autistic Spectrum.
- This is a full time, long term role with the view of going onto permanent employment at the school. We are looking for someone who will be committed to the role as the students need consistency.
- The school is situated in Leeds
- Pay is weekly and the daily rate is between £65 and £75 per day.
- The ideal candidate will have EYFS experience as well as SEND experience. A Level 3 Early Years qualification would be advantageous.
If you feel that you are the right person for this role please APPLY NOW.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted