SEN Teaching Assistant - Special Educational Needs - Autism - Leeds - Full Time Are you a nurturing, enthusiastic teaching assistant with experience supporting children and young people with special educational needs?
Are you looking for a new and rewarding role, where every day is different?
If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you!
At Celsian Education we are currently working closely with a Special School in Leeds who require additional teaching assistants to join their team as soon as possible. The school caters for students aged 3-19 years with a varied SEND including Autism, ADHD, Speech and Language Difficulties and Physical Needs.
We are looking for a confident and empathetic teaching assistant who has experience with SEN and can build meaningful relationships with students and create a calm, stimulating environment. You will be able to engage students in learning and be able to tailor lessons and activities depending on their individual learning needs.
- This is a full-time role due to begin as soon as possible.
- It is term time only, Monday to Friday and the hours are between 08:30 and 15:30.
- You will be working with students with Special Educational Needs in a specialist setting with excellent resources and supportive staffing.
- The pay is between £65 and £70 per day.
- Relevant SEN and childcare qualifications would be preferred but are not essential, experience however is essential.
- CPD such as Makaton/PECs and Team Teach would be preferred but can be provided.
- Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check registered on the online update service.
If you are interested in this SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity please apply now contact us in branch for further information.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted