Temporary School Business Manager I Oldham I ASAP
Are you an experienced School Bursar or School Business Manager who is seeking a temporary role in a school to start ASAP? If so, we have the perfect role for you. The role will be for approx. 10 weeks at a primary school in Oldham.
- To be a temporary member of the Senior Leadership Team, contributing to strategic planning and decision making, leading staff training, task groups and attending Governing Body meetings
- To be responsible for all aspects of finance, HR, ICT, administration and operations support, including premises.
- To contribute to the achievement of the educational vision for the school
- To work in collaboration to continue with high quality systems and services
- To be responsible directly to the Headteacher and to the Governing Body for all financial and accounting procedures
- To have a direct line of communication with the Governing Body on all matters relating to finance
- To assist the Headteacher in the preparation of budget related
- To establish and keep updated computer-based financial and management accounting systems for the school
- To assist and supervise other staff in the operation of the financial systems
- To ensure prompt and efficient completion of monthly, quarterly returns, as required by the Local Governing Body and by outside bodies including the DfE, local authority and Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
- To act as cost centre manager for specific budget areas
- To use the administrative systems and procedures within the school
- To deal with all insurance correspondence and communications for the school, overseeing visits and ensuring that necessary paperwork is completed to enable insurance cover to be effective
- To ensure that the school complies with Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation, in conjunction with the Governing Body
- To ensure that all new staff are inducted effectively
- Through the Site Manager, to be responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of the buildings, and grounds
- To ensure appropriate reporting, monitoring and control systems relating to the internal building fabric and furniture, including the production and maintenance of an Asset Register
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management of Health and Safety (H&S) within the school, working closely with the H&S provider
- To ensure, in relation to all the above responsibilities, that systems for monitoring and reporting are in operation with counterparts in partner schools
- To carry out other reasonable tasks from time to time as directed by the Headteacher
Celsian Education will be required to obtain at least 2 references covering the last 2 years, 1 of which must be from a school. You will also be required to hold an enhanced DBS that is on the update service, or be willing to obtain a new one.
When you work with Celsian Education, you get:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free online CPD courses.
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £250 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more fantastic teaching opportunities, apply now or visit Celsian Education
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted