Special Needs Teaching Assistant - Complex Needs and Autism
At Celsian Education we are currently looking for an experienced teaching assistant to work supporting students with complex additional learning needs. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting students who are non-verbal and use communication aids such as PECs and Makaton.
This is a full-time role, set to begin and soon as possible and run for the rest of the academic year. You will be working with a students of a variety of different ages with complex needs, therefore we are looking for someone who is patient, adaptable and confident managing challenging behaviours.
- This is a full-time role beginning as soon as possible, set to run to the end of the academic year.
- You will be working in a special needs school with excellent resources.
- You must have previous experience supporting students with SEND and be confident in your ability to support their learning and development.
- Childcare qualifications would be beneficial, but experience is essential.
- Team Teach, Makaton and Intensive Interaction training would also be advantageous but can be provided.
- The working hours are 8:30 until 15:30 Monday to Friday (term time only)
- Pay is £65 to £70 per day.
If you are adaptable and nurturing and believe you could contribute to the learning and development of young people, please click apply now!
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted