Special Needs Teaching Assistant - Autism Support - Leeds
At Celsian Education we are currently working with a Special School in Leeds who require additional teaching assistants to join their successful and welcoming team from January 2021, or before for those who are available.
The school caters for students with a variety of different special educational needs such as Autism, ADHD and physical needs, therefore we are looking for teaching assistants who have a deep understanding of SEND and are confident in their ability to support students with additional needs.
The school is situated in an easily accessible area in Leeds, with on site parking and good public transport links.
· You will be working with students with SEND therefore you must have a background of working with children and young people with special needs such as Autism, whether in an educational or residential setting.
· Childcare qualifications would be beneficial, but experience is essential.
· Team Teach, Makaton and PECs training would also be advantageous, but training can be provided.
· You will be working with vulnerable students so we are looking for individuals who can be consistent and commit to the role.
· Successful candidates must either hold or be willing to process an enhanced DBS check that is registered on the online update service and be able to provide relevant up to date references.
· This is a full-time role due to begin in January, but there will be opportunities to start sooner for those who are available.
· The hours are 8:30 -15:30, Monday to Friday, term time only.
· Part time vacancies may be available for the right candidate.
· You will be expected to work 1:1 with students who need extra support as well as supporting small groups. Experience working with nonverbal students would also be beneficial.
Click apply now if you are looking for a new and rewarding opportunity!
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted