SEN Teaching Assistants Required Leeds ASAP or January Starts AvailableSpecial Educational Needs
We are currently looking for outstanding teaching assistants who have experience working with students with Special Educational Needs to join a welcoming and supportive SEN School in Leeds.
These are full time roles due to begin in January or sooner for those who are available. You will be working with children and young people aged 3-19 years old with special educational needs such as Autism and ADHD. The ideal candidate will be adaptable, nurturing and confident in managing challenging behaviours. Team Teach training would also be beneficial.
· You will be working in a Special School situated in an easily accessible location in Leeds. There is on site parking and good public transport links.
· These are full time roles, working Monday to Friday 08:30 until 15:30.
· The pay is between £65 and £70 per day. Paid weekly.
· You will be working with students with varying SEND, including autism and physical needs.
· Relevant training courses such as Makaton and PECs can be provided but experience using these communication tools would be beneficial.
· You will be confident in your ability to de-escalate challenging situations effectively and able to adapt lessons and activities depending on the needs of the student.
· Childcare qualifications would be beneficial but are not essential. Experience working with additional needs is the main criteria.
· Prior SEND experience in an educational setting would be helpful but candidates from a residential or care background will also be considered.
· You must be able to work full time.
At Celsian Education we are committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of children and young people therefore candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and relevant safeguarding training. We will need relevant and up to date references and overseas clearance for applicable candidates.
If you are interested in this SEN Teaching Assistant opportunity, click apply now or contact us in branch for further information.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted