Complex Needs Teaching Assistant - Leeds - ASAP start - Special Educational Needs
At Celsian Education we are currently working a specialist setting in North Leeds who require an additional learning support assistant to join their dedicated complex needs department on a full time basis.
You must have a previous background of supporting learners with complex learning needs and be able to confidently and effectively provide the tailored care that each child needs. You will be working with students who have sensory impairments; therefore, a greater knowledge of sensory needs is required as well as experience using communication tools such as PECs and Makaton. The school has excellent resources and rooms dedicated to sensory needs so the tools you need to provide a high level of support will be provided.
The school are looking for someone who is:
- Confident and passionate about students with special educational needs, willing to take on any training offered to enhance their skillset with the ability to enhance the already successful team.
- Able to use their own initiative and make informed decisions.
- Able to de-escalate situations with a calm and positive manner.
- Looking for a career in SEND and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that students receive the high level of support care that they need to succeed.
Requirements for this role:
- You must have a background of working with children and young people with complex learning needs and multisensory impairments.
- SEND qualifications would be advantageous but are not essential for this role.
- Makaton and PECs training are required but can be provided.
- You must be able to commit to this role on a longer term basis, the school are needing someone to start as soon as possible and work on a long term on-going basis with the view of then taking a permanent contract.
- You must be able to work full-time, term time only between the hours 08:30 to 15:30.
If you are interested in this role, please click apply now or contact us in branch for further information. Successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and relevant up to date references, covering the last 3 years.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted