Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
SEN 1:1 Support - Autism - Full Time Role - Leeds
At Celsian Education we are currently recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant with SEN experience to support a student on a 1:1 basis at a Specialist Setting in Leeds. This is a full time role, due to begin as soon as possible and be on-going until the end of the academic year with the opportunity to then go permanent with the school.
Specifics of this role:
· You will be supporting a child 1:1, helping them with the work and activities set by the class teacher and adapting the learning where needed to support their individual needs.
· The student is autistic and can display challenging behaviours at times therefore we are looking for someone who is confident in de-escalating situations and managing challenging behaviours.
· This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 15:30pm. You must be able to commit the role as the student requires routine and needs a stable, calm environment.
The ideal candidate:
· We are looking for someone who has a previous background of working with students with autism and who has deeper understanding of what pupils with SEND need to develop.
· Relevant SEN qualifications and CPD would be beneficial.
· Experience of working with children and young people who are non-verbal would be beneficial.
· You must be able to establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with students, colleagues and parents and be able to create a calm and nurturing environment for learning and development.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and relevant references. If you are interested in this rewarding role, click apply now or contact us in branch for further information.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.