Teaching Assistant - Bury
Celsian Education are seeking a specialist Teaching Assistant for a Secondary special school in Bury that caters for pupils aged 11-19 with complex learning needs and difficulties including Autism.
All pupils are assessed according to their individual Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), enabling staff to plan work that is personalised and targeted to best meet pupils' needs. All plans are reviewed regularly and updated to monitor progress.
Your role as a Teaching Assistant will be to support pupils in the classroom on a 1:1 and small group basis. You will support the pupils to access learning activities to meet their needs. You will also be required to support pupils in providing personal and intimate care. You may also be required to assist with feeding over the lunchtime period for individual pupils identified as requiring support in this area.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with young people with SEND in an educational or non-educational setting.
- A passion for supporting young people and having a direct impact on their development.
- A desire to learn and be willing to experience new opportunities.
- Have strong moral and ethical principles and values
- Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
- Be someone who is enthusiastic and motivated to challenge, inspire and motivate students
- Be open to new ideas and be committed to working as part of a team
When you apply with Celsian Education, you get:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from a dedicated consultant
- Free face to face CPD courses.
Plus, recommend a friend who's looking for a new role and we'll thank you with £250 of Amazon vouchers for every teacher and £75 of Amazon vouchers for every teaching assistant who registers and works for 10 days.
To find similar roles and register for more fantastic teaching opportunities, apply now or visit celsianeducation.co.uk
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted