Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
At Celsian Education we are currently looking for a confident teaching assistant who has experience supporting students with Special Educational Needs. We are working in partnership with a Special Needs School in Leeds who currently require an additional one to one teaching assistant to join their complex needs department.
About the role:
· You will be supporting a student on a 1:1 basis, helping with all aspects of the school day and providing a safe, calm environment for learning.
· The student has complex needs and requires additional support to stay engaged in learning and to ensure equal opportunities for learning and accessing the lessons and activities at hand.
· Your main role will be building a meaningful and trusting relationship with the student to enhance confidence and break down barriers in communication.
· The student has autism and is non-verbal therefore experience with communication aids such as Makaton and PECs would be beneficial, but training can be provided.
· This is a full-time role, to begin as soon as possible and be until July 2021 with the view of then going onto a permanent contract with the school. The student needs stability and routine, therefore we are looking for someone who is passionate about supporting vulnerable children and willing to commit to the role long term.
We are looking for someone who has experience with Special Needs, whether in an educational or residential setting. Autism experience and understanding is essential. Childcare or SEN qualifications would be advantageous but a passion for helping and positive attitude is the main thing we are looking for.
· Pay is weekly at £350 per week.
· Hours are 8:30-15:30 Monday to Friday (term time only)
· The school is a specialist setting catering for students with a variety of different special needs.
· It is located in an easily accessible area in Leeds with on site parking and good public transport links.
· This is a one to one role, supporting one student full time.
If you are interested in this role, click apply now or contact us in branch for any further information.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.