We are currently looking for a strong SEN teaching assistant to join a Special School in the North of Leeds. The school caters for students aged 3-19 years old with varying SEND including autism, downs syndrome, aspergers and complex learning needs. You will be working with students with autism who display challenging behaviours, therefore Special Educational Needs experience is essential.
About the role:
· This is a full-time role due to begin as soon as possible and be for the rest of the academic year with the view of then going onto a permanent contract.
· The working hours are Monday to Friday - 8:30-15:30, term time only.
· We are looking for someone who can commit to this role as the students need consistency and routine.
· You will be working under the supervision of the class teacher supporting the whole class throughout the school day, this will involve doing some 1:1 work with students who require more focused attention.
· The pay is between £350 and £375 per week and is paid direct on PAYE.
If you feel that you have the right knowledge and experience to undertake this new opportunity, click apply now or contact us in branch for any further information.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged.
your application has been submitted